Chinese Market Assistant
Mia Burton is looking for a native Chinese Market Assistant to reinforce our China team in the development of Mia Burton’s digital sales channels and touchpoints.
We can’t wait to meet a curious, proactive, results-oriented professional, eager to join our Business Development team based in Milan and to help us raise the bar on all China-related activities.
Our ideal candidate is quick-witted and takes nothing for granted; believing that routine equals boredom, they are willing to challenge themselves with a variety of operational tasks. Sharing an insider’s look on Chinese culture and market dynamics, they will share valuable insights and help identify new opportunities for growth.
What we offer:
- A stimulating career path in a fast-paced company that is growing rapidly thanks to its unshakable ambition.
- A young and stimulating work environment that values humanity and individuality.
- A competitive salary, which remunerates autonomy, proactivity, flexibility, practicality, mediation and problem solving as hard skills.
- Internal continuous learning initiatives and a dedicated budget for acquiring specialist and trans-functional knowledge.
- Flexible mindset and working hours.
What you’ll be in charge of:
- Working closely with the China Country Manager to help expand Mia Burton’s presence in the Chinese market
- Supporting the China Team in the daily operations (orders, shipments, customs, data entry)
- Checking operational performances
- Liaising with business partners (Tmall, Kaola, etc.) and social media agencies
- Sharing insights on the market and social media landscape across the business
- Occasionally translating and localizing content into Mandarin Chinese for the company’s corporate website and newsletters
Must-have experience and skills:
- Mandarin Chinese as the native language
- Advanced English skills
- Expertise and up-to-date knowledge of the Chinese digital ecosystem (e-commerce platforms and digital marketing)
- Understanding of market dynamics, such as customer behavior and competitor activities
- Ability to embrace and experiment with digital devices, communications, and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Flexible and proactive mindset
- Curious and enthusiastic attitude
- Precision, punctuality and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to manage uncertainty, flexibly adapting to rapidly-changing scenarios
- Experience with Google Workspace (Google Drive, Documents, Sheets, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
What would win our heart:
- Educational background in Marketing and/or Luxury and Fashion Management
- Experience in the fashion, eyewear and/or e-commerce fields
- Experience in Chinese social media marketing
- Italian skills
Type of contract:
Fixed-term contract, full-time employment