E-commerce copywriter - Remote
Mia Burton is looking for an E-Commerce Copywriter to author unique product descriptions for miaburton.com, the online boutique for eyewear lovers.
They will craft every single piece of text with care, using emotional hooks to inspire and engage the users and reassuring them with accurate, up-to-date information about the products they’re looking for.
Here’s how to know if you’re the-one-that-we-want:
- precision is your middle name, collaboration is your mantra
- spotting misspellings, typos, errors and inconsistencies is one of your superpowers
- you take advantage of spell and grammar checkers but don’t over-rely on them
- you hate trite phrases, mere rhetoric, and empty talk: you use original words to tell something that’s actually interesting to the reader
- you know how to write persuasive copy that sells discreetly by tapping the needs and desires of specific user personas
- you work with curiosity and commitment, even when dealing with repetitive tasks
- your copy needs minimum supervision: you produce flawless, in-brief content autonomously
- you consider your work “done” only if it is published on time, looks impeccable, and gets results.
What we offer
- A challenging experience in a fast-paced company that is growing rapidly thanks to its unshakable ambition.
- A young and stimulating work environment that values humanity and individuality and remunerates autonomy, proactivity, flexibility, practicality, mediation, and problem-solving as hard skills.
- Flexible mindset and working hours.
- Anytime you’ll join us at our Palermo headquarters: ping pong and billiards tournaments, no holds barred; beer, soft drinks and snacks for improvised happy hours at the office.
What you'll be in charge of
- Write persuasive product descriptions in plain and clear English for miaburton.com, following our Verbal Branding Guidelines
- Collaborate with our Content Strategist and SEO specialist to create user-friendly, search engine-proof content
- Upload content on our proprietary e-commerce platform
- Ensure that content meets specified requirements before publishing, following a systematic process
- Proofread and edit existing copy when needed
Must-have experience and skills
- Availability for 20 hours per week
- Native English proficiency
- At least 3 years of copywriting experience
- Exceptional proofreading skills
- Ability to write empathically, predicting any doubts and questions, and providing reassuring selling arguments
- Sales-oriented copywriting skills
- Basic HTML skills
- Genuine passion and a strong sense of accountability
- Attitude for teamwork and remote work
- Enthusiasm and proactivity
- Experience in fashion (or a strong flair for it)
- Ability to execute and report tasks accurately and timely
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to manage uncertainty, flexibly adapting to rapidly-changing scenarios
- Exceptional communication skills, both in-person and behind a screen
- Advanced knowledge of Google Drive and Google Docs
- Willingness to learn everything about eyewear: historic and emerging brands, materials and manufacturing techniques, timeless styles and latest trends
What would win our heart
- Bilingual English and Italian proficiency, or good Italian skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of SEO copywriting techniques and best practices
- Experience with editorial and/or branding projects
- Knowledge of UX writing techniques
- Interest in gender issues, content usability and accessibility
- Use of inclusive language
- Familiarity with Slack, Trello, and/or other collaboration/project management software
Type of employment
Part-time contract or part-time freelance collaboration, depending on the candidate’s needs.