English mother-tongue e-commerce copywriter
Mia Burton is looking for en English mother-tongue freelance copywriter to tell fashion eyewear stories on its upcoming international marketplace.
They will collaborate with the digital team based in Palermo, helping miaburton.com gain a distinctive online positioning and get indexed through curated and compelling copy. Their words will convey the atmosphere of a specialized fashion eyewear boutique while inspiring, persuading, and reassuring customers throughout their online journey.
Here’s how to know if you’re the-one-that-we-want:
- precision is your middle name, collaboration is your mantra
- you hate trite phrases, mere rhetoric, and empty talk
- you work with curiosity and commitment
- you can’t wait to take part in a spectacular project.
What we offer
A challenging career path in a fast-paced company that is growing rapidly thanks to its unshakable ambition.
A young and stimulating work environment that values humanity and individuality.
A competitive salary, which remunerates autonomy, proactivity, flexibility, practicality, mediation, and problem solving as hard skills.
Flexible mindset and working hours.
Anytime you’ll join us at our Palermo headquarters: ping pong and billiards tournaments, no holds barred; beer, soft drinks and snacks for improvised happy hours at the office.
What you'll be in charge of
- Write English product descriptions on miaburton.com following our verbal branding guidelines
- Collaborate with our Content Strategist and SEO specialist to create user-friendly, search engine-proof content
- Publish content on our proprietary platform
- Proofread existing copy
- Occasionally translate Italian copy and localize it for specific markets
- Review the website’s microcopy, so that all texts are consistent with Mia Burton’s voice and tone
Must-have experience and skills
- At least 6 years of copywriting experience
- Ability to write empathically, putting the users first and anticipating their needs and desires
- Advanced sales-oriented copywriting skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of SEO copywriting techniques and best practices
- Genuine passion and sense of accountability
- Daily remote availability
- A strong attitude for teamwork
- Enthusiasm and proactivity
- Ability to manage priorities consistently with the shared strategy
- Ability to execute and report tasks accurately and timely
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to manage uncertainty, flexibly adapting to rapidly-changing scenarios
- Exceptional communication skills, both in-person and behind a screen
- Willingness to share technical knowledge and useful information
- Advanced knowledge of Google Drive and Google docs
What would win our heart
- Experience in fashion (or a strong flair for it)
- Experience with editorial and/or branding projects
- Good Italian skills
- Knowledge of UX writing techniques
- Interest in gender issues, content usability and accessibility
- Use of inclusive language
- Familiarity with Slack, Trello, and other collaboration/project management software
Type of contract